Serve food and beverage items to customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and timely manner.
- Serve food and beverage items. Clear tables and return all equipment to their respective areas. Retrieve all reusable food items and place them on a separate queen, as provided.
- Ensure service corridor safety by transporting all equipment in the proper manner. Be responsible for handling of all equipment and linens. Ensure that all spills and breakage are attended to immediately.
- Gather all equipment necessary to service a function and maintain a clear and immaculate service corridor.
- Assist guests in being seated for banquets
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in delivering meals
- May be required to set banquet rooms before functions
- Assist in re-arranging last minute banquet rooms as requested by guests or staff
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist in moving any tables and chairs as assigned.
- Inform supervisor of any problems or complaints.
- Responsible for the proper handling of all equipment.
- Adhere to Alcohol Awareness policy/procedures.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Ensures all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Moonrise and Eclipse standards are being applied
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time,
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, memorandums
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too
those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of table service standards.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items and methods of preparation.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental
systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 degrees F) and kitchens
(+110 degrees F), possible for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in a limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill occasional cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing p to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and
hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
High school or equivalent education required. Minimum of six months-prior experience in Banquet Services required.
Adhere to all state and federal requirements regarding to the service of alcohol
Adhere to all Health Department requirements
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Trust Standards
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time