- Operate equipment necessary to sort, weigh, wash, dry, iron, and fold hotel linen.
- Maintain an acceptable state of cleanliness and organization throughout the entire work area.
- Adhere to applicable Trust Standard Operating Procedures
-Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
-Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with The Moonrise Hotel rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Supportive Functions/Teamwork Skills:
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Assist other housekeeping associates in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas.
- Take every opportunity to impress the guest.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest complaints.
- Anticipate and exceed guest expectations
- Smile, have eye contact and greet guests and co-workers immediately upon each encounter.
- Wear uniform and name tag with pride
- Handle special requests properly
- Follow correct procedures for entering a guest room
- Keep voices and other noise low on guest floors, especially in the morning
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the tam
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to, and friendly with all co-workers and supervisors
- Communicate pertinent information to supervisor and co-workers
- Care for co-workers&rsquo: rooms, carts and equipment
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Accept critical/developmental feedback openly
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different areas of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
High school or equivalent education required. No prior experience required. Hospitality experience desired.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.