Primary Objective of Position
Assist Front Office Management to ensure the proper day to day operation and functioning of the Reservations Department, to lead the department to more proactive, revenue-driven sales.
Essential Functions/ Revenue Generations Skills/ Leadership Skills/ Teamwork Skills:
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Answer all incoming calls in a friendly and efficient manner. Provide guests with the requested information concerning the city, the hotel and its services. Obtain the necessary information from the guests and enter it into the PMS computer system. Must be effective in sales and up selling.
- Process all incoming reservations received via rooming lists, mailed or in-house correspondence, housing bureau forms, of facsimiles. Mail confirmation and literature requests or reply via facsimile and administrative message when requested
- Follow all applicable Moonrise Hotel Standard Operating Procedures
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all schedule training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by the General Manger
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
- Block special request reservations
- File daily reservations and other correspondence
- Answer incoming calls
Safety and Security:
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Ensure protection of guests & groups' room numbers
Job Knowledge/Physical Requirements
- Speaking, Reading, writing using primary workplace language; basic math
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to be persuasive with telephone sales skills
- Have general knowledge of city and its attractions
- Sitting up to 8 hours a day.
- Talking and Hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guest’s supervisors and other associates.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Must have finger dexterity to operate office equipment
- Normal verbal and nonverbal communication, reading, writing
- Must have strong customer service orientation
- Must have strong team orientation
This job description is not an exhaustive list and may require associates perform other duties from time to time.