Primary Objective of Position
To maximize customer satisfaction by providing neat and clean customer rooms through the supervision, direction, and coordination of the housekeeper/room cleaners.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper with hiring and training new associates in the Housekeeping Department.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper with coaching and counseling current associates, tracking attendance, and providing written documentation when necessary.
- Supervises room cleaners in the prompt and efficient cleaning of guest rooms.
- Responsible for completing opening and closing duties for the Housekeeping department.
- Provide support to Room Inspectors.
- Ensures all rooms have been cleaned by checking room cleaners’ worksheets at the end of the day.
-Supervises the completion of short notice requests for room changes.
-Notifies Manager or Engineering of any rooms requiring the replacement or repair of furniture, fixtures, etc.
-Inspects all check out/stay over rooms after they are made up to ensure they are cleaned to Moonrise standards.
-Keeps record of room checkouts/stay overs, submits records through daily Housekeeping report.
-Monitors quality of rooms by conducting and documenting inspections of cleaned rooms.
- Prepares maintenance work orders in regard to replacement or repair of furniture, fixtures, etc. and ensures the completion by following through on orders.
- Inspects the status of rooms on an ongoing basis and notifies room cleaners of changes.
- Inspects VIP rooms.
- Inspects early morning make-up rooms.
- Coordinates cleaning of guestrooms for proper prioritization of customer requests: VIP rooms, check-out rooms, expected check-out rooms, etc.
- Inspects linen closets daily for cleanliness, adequate supplies, and linen.
- Assures carts are properly stored and vacuum cleaners are emptied at the end of each day.
- Assists in monthly inventory of all linen.
- Ensures safety by assuring all linen chutes are kept locked at all times.
- Coordinates housekeeping work with related departments such as front desk, engineering, banquet services and room service.
- Ensures adherence to Moonrise Standard Operating Procedures
- Responsible for assisting with the training and direction of new department associates
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Ensures all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and all Moonrise standards are being applied
- Ensure all Housekeeping quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by the Director of Housekeeping
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Is knowledgeable of and ensures that blood borne pathogen procedures are being followed
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Ensure protection of guests: room numbers and policies regarding guest room access procedures
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Walking and standing are required for close to 100% of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
High school or equivalent education required. Minimum of three years housekeeping experience with at least one year in housekeeping supervisory role
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associated in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.