Position Summary: Parks and retrieves automobiles for guests visiting the hotel. Greet and welcome arriving guests as they enter the hotel. Assist both arriving and departing guests with baggage handling.
- Welcomes guests upon arrival in the most welcoming demeanor possible.
- Assists guests with baggage.
- Helps guests in and out of automobiles. Opens lobby doors.
- Parks and retrieves automobiles for guests in a prompt and safe manger.
- Summons and dispatches taxis.
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance giving accurate information regarding directions and hotel services and local attractions.
- Issues and collects automobile claim tickets.
- Maintains clean and safe entrances and parking lots.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Moonrise rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Guest Relations Skills:
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests
- Understand and anticipate guests&rsquo: expectations
- Smile, have eye contact and greet guests immediately upon each encounter
- Wear uniform and nametag
- Be groomed according to company standards
- Handle special requests properly
- Ensure VIP requirements are followed
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest complaints
- Be a role model
Teamwork and Support Skills:
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:63
- Assist Guest Services with detailed welcome arrangements for large arrivals and departures
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be a self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook
- Perform other assignments as directed
Safety and Security:
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Properly document and store &ldquo: lost and found" items
- Reports entrance of unauthorized, undesirable or suspicious people to security
- Notifies security of potential security problems with customers
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the hob, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of the city, particularly tourist attractions.
- Must be able to respond to guest requests and business volume quickly and efficiently
- Solid knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, will be required to work outside during the course of the day to assist with luggage and transportation. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to stand and exert well paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 75 lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Will be required to pass a Criminal Background Check, Driver's Licence Check, and Drug Test
- This job description may be expanded from time to time.
Qualifications: High school or equivalent education preferred. No prior experience necessary.
Grooming: All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Moonrise Standards